Wednesday 23 March 2011

Observation Sketches & Photos.

It's been a while since I've posted anything but I've just begun work on my cookbook.  This might sound a little odd but for the illustrations (because my mum loved flowers) I want to turn the recipes into flowers.  For example, what would a Mexican meatball flower look like or a marble cake flower?  I think this could be a fun idea to play with and I'm excited about getting stuck in.  This week I've been looking at different flowers and making quick sketches to build up an idea of their structure.  Here are a few photos and a few sketches for you all.  More to come soon!











1 comment:

  1. Hello Claire, just been updating myself with your lovely imagery!
    Turning the recipes into flowers, is a beautiful idea and will do this cook book justice. GET CRACKING, can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete